Answers to commonly asked questions. For further information, please contact:
Ellen Wilson @ 703-908-1021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the deadline for entries?
2022 Call for Entries early deadline is August 31, 2022. Final closing September 30, 2022
What type of organization and work is eligible for entry and awarding?
The competition is open to all travel-related industries. Work completed after January 1, 2021 through the date of entry, 2022 is eligible for entry. Entries submitted in prior years may be resubmitted if the results of the campaign have changed significantly, or if additional elements have been added to the piece or program after January 1, 2020.
All entries are submitted online. Each entry must include a completed communications statement. Supporting materials can be uploaded in a variety of electronic formats. To avoid entry problems, review file format and size requirements in advance.
Entries may be submitted by travel industry organizations, advertising, digital marketing agencies, public relations/communications firms, or any other type of communications professional on behalf of their clients. Both client and agency are acknowledged in the awarding process. Award winners may be asked to submit additional materials such as high-resolution media to be displayed at the Awards Celebration.
How are the entries judged?
Approximately 200 industry experts are invited to serve as members of the Adrian Awards judging academy. Judges are advertising, public relations/communications, media, and digital professionals, along with leading members of the travel community. Entries are evaluated in five equally weighted categories: Marketing Objectives, Creativity, Quality, Content, and Results. Each entry is judged on its own merit and success in achieving its objectives as outlined in the entry’s communication statement. Multiple judges score each entry. Points are then added cumulatively, and an average score is determined. All tabulation is done by officials of HSMAI and kept confidential. Judging for Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards is completed online.
How many entries can I submit?
There is no limit to the number of entries one can submit.
How do I submit an entry?
All entries in the 2022 Adrian Awards must be submitted online. To begin the entry process, click on Enter Now button from the Competition page or any of the entry links throughout the site.
What are the steps to entering online?
Begin by entering or creating an Entrant Account with username and password. Once you have saved your entrant form you can begin entering your entry data.
- Step 1: From the Main Menu click on the words “Add Entry” and complete your Entrant Information Form and press “Save.”
- Step 2: To begin the entry process select “ADD ENTRY.” You will need to complete all required information in the form. Make sure to press “SAVE” frequently to avoid loss of data. When you are finished filling out the entry form, press “SAVE ENTRY” once more.
- Step 3: Next upload your supporting media files. Please review the file requirements before you begin this process. When you are finished uploading all the media files for a specific entry, make sure to go back and click each uploaded document to confirm that it is functioning properly. If you have uploaded text documents that must be read, make sure you can read them from the screen.
- Step 4: Review your submitted entries by clicking on the “VIEW/EDIT ENTRIES” link. You should see a status link for each entry. Click on incomplete (red hyperlink) and complete the actions listed to change the entry status to complete. Then press “Submit.”
- Step 5: Make sure all entries are labeled complete and process your payment. While you are welcome to pay by check, credit card payments are preferred. Your entries will not be moved to judging until your payment is received. All payments must be received by September 30, 2022.
What must I submit to enter?
The Adrian Awards judging academy will examine the Statement of Communication and supporting materials provided with each entry. In the Statement of Communication, you will be asked to provide information in different areas based on the category you select. See the requirements here.
Enter your answers in the online submittal form. When preparing your documentation keep in mind that you are limited to 2,000 characters per category text box, and yes, spaces count as characters. A minimum quantity of supporting media must be uploaded.
Is there a limit to how many media files I can upload?
Yes, each category has a minimum and maximum quantity of uploads and media files are subject to size limitations.
What types of files can I upload?
Below are upload specifications for a variety of media. Only the types in the information below may be uploaded. Please test your media by previewing after upload
- For Printed Materials:
Preferred file format: pdf at screen resolution (low) or a link to the actual entry is acceptable. Uploaded files should not exceed 5 MB each
- For Web Images:
Accepted file formats: .gif, .jpg, or a link to the actual entry is acceptable. Uploaded images should not exceed 5 MB each. Images should be web quality
- For Audio
Accepted audio file formats: avi, wma, wav, mp3 or a link to the actual media. Uploaded audio files should not exceed 50MB
- For Film/Video/Multimedia*:
Accepted file formats: .mpeg, .mpg, wmv or a link to the actual media. Recommended pixel size: 320 pixel x 240 pixel. Uploaded files should not exceed 250MB
What awards are given out?
Adrian Award Categories: For 2022 Best of Show, Gold, Silver, and Bronze
- Silver and Bronze Awards: Notable entries will receive Silver and Bronze recognition.
- Gold Awards: Gold awards are presented to those entries that the judges have determined have best met the exact criteria set forth in the Call for Entries materials.
Focus Categories: For this year’s focus categories, the top entries in each of the three categories will receive a President’s Award. Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards will also be given out.
How much does it cost to enter?
Early rate August 3 – August 31, 2022 – $245
Regular rate until September 1 – September 30, 2022 – $285
How do I pay for my entries?
Entrants can opt to pay online by credit card or check. Completed entries will not be moved to the judging phase until payment is received.
Checks should be made payable to:
7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 300
McLean, VA 22102
For more information, please contact HSMAI: